Tuesday, March 29, 2011

This day...That age...

Yeah,he forgot. As usual! He never remembers this day. Or may be he wants to forget this day.... May be! But this time I have learned enough not to ask him about this day. Every year, like a dumb idiot, it is me who goes to him and asks if he remembers this day...but this year, I didn't. I DID NOT ASK HIM. The temptation was high, though!

Even if I had asked, I know the reply. The conversation would have gone somewhere similar to this...

He: *watching cricket / reading paper / sleeping*
Me: Darling...
He: mmm.....
Me: Daaarllingg......
He: mmmmmmmmm.....
Me: I want to ask you something...
He: mm...
Me: *silent, thinking if should really ask him, in this going-nowhere-conversation*
He: what??
Me: *surprised that he responds*
He: What?
Me: Do you know what day today is?
He: Sunday.
Me: *Irritated. What a brilliant answer! My daughter could tell that.*
He: What about it?
Me: Nothing...so shall we go out?
He: Its 6 already...why bother?
Me: Whatever!!!

Darling, if you still don't remember, just to remind you....last sunday was our "Ponnu Paartha day." - the day we first saw each other...I still remember and am very happy about this event. How about you?

Happy Ponnu Paartha day to me.... (Poor me!)

Paartha nyabagam illayo....

No comments:

Post a Comment