Thursday, November 11, 2010

The Countdown has started….

You never know what you missed until you experience it. (Old)

And you never know how you would be suffering, until you experience it. (New)

For so many days, I have wanted to go onsite and was waiting for one such opportunity. Now that I have got one and I am here in UK, I don’t want it. Hope my manager does not hear this statement. No, its not because of the work, just that I have started to get home-sick. Yes, within two days of staying away from my family. And to think that I have to manage for another 5.5 weeks, God save me.

Since it has already been established many times that I am a sentimental idiot, why, why, why did I think that I can manage without my family for 6 weeks? And why Sri, Why did u let me come here?? Why didn’t you stop me from going? It should have been like he got back his bachelorhood without his wife around for so many days. It must have been too good to resist, and that’s why he said OK. I know it was all my choice and I am using the ‘Blame him for everything’ strategy again, but that’s OK. After all, being his wife, I do have that liberty, don’t I? And I don’t even want to come near the kids section. They are being wonderfully nice and managing beautifully without me. How I wish that I had such maturity. My MIL was right in saying “Ur daughters will behave well. See to that, you don’t come back crying, half-way through your trip.” It seems like her words might come true any day.

All I have been thinking ever since landing here is “What made me think that I have the will power to stay away from my family for so long?” I agree that six weeks seemed like a short duration when I was in India. But now, oh God, time is just not at all passing. Every night, when going to sleep, I just count the days passed, and not even a single week has passed since I came here. Its again like my courtship days, when we were doing the countdown for the marriage day. Dear, the countdown has started again.

38 days to go…..
(Oh God, please help me)

No comments:

Post a Comment