Sunday, November 7, 2010

Letter to hubby...

Since it is now confirmed that I am moving out of the country officially for the next 45 days or so, I would like to tell you a few things to keep in mind.

1. Please, please spend some time with our girls. Whether it is Smruthi who wants to show you her homework or it is Swathi who wants you to pick her up, please listen to them. The TV and the newspaper can wait. Our daughters are more important than all the news in the world. I am leaving it up to you to make sure that they don’t feel bad when I am out of town.
2. Unlike Smruthi, Swathi likes to brush her teeth when she gets up in the morning. The moment she wakes up, she would point to the bathroom. Take her there and she will let you know where her paste and brush is. Remember, she will NOT let you rinse her mouth until she sees her brush is loaded with the paste. So, first put the paste in her brush and only then, she will let you rinse her mouth. Don’t let this habit die because you get up late, or because it is late for Smruthi, or whatever the reason is.
3. As to Smruthi, well, nothing can be predicted about her. Leave her in her own way, and she will be alright.
4. Control your temper in the household. Remember, I will not be around to say Sri, Sri….. everytime your temper starts rising.
5. Hope you don’t do the “En pondaatti ooorrruukkkuu poitaaaaaaaaa” act in the Airport. If I ever come to know that you have done it, remember your fate is in my hands. I will be back to Chennai in a few days, so its just a matter of time.

More updates will follow as and when I remember. For now, all I can say is “U will definitely be missed.”

No comments:

Post a Comment