Thursday, December 9, 2010

30 days passed

It’s been 30 days since I last saw my family, my loving kids and my beloved husband. Somehow, the 30 days have passed.

On the official front, I am now confident enough, than I was during the beginning of this trip. We have attained clarity on what needs to be done, and what’s not to be done. Having gained that, time seems to run very fast. On that note, it’s only 7 more working days before I leave offshore and there’s a truck load of work to be done. And I am working really hard (though some of you may say that I hardly work – stop that PG!) to complete my assignment, mainly because I want to do justice to this trip and most importantly, I don’t want my trip to get extended because of the delay.

Time has a very bad habit of speeding up when you want it to slow down and slows down when you want it to speed up. I wish it would slow down when I am in office and speed up when I return to my room. The eight hours in office vanishes before I know and another day has gone pushing me closer to my deadline. But the moment I enter my room, loneliness hits me. I think of the days when my daughters come running to me when I return from office, leaving behind whatever they were doing, the fight between them as to who gets to me first and so many other things. I while away my time thinking of those moments, and obviously end up crying to sleep. And the worst part, there are still TEN MORE DAYS to go. Given a choice to stay and complete my work or return immediately, which one would I choose? Family or career? It would definitely be my family (as my hubby already knows), because, I can manage these tasks anytime from offshore. How I wish that a fairy would come in front of me like in the Cinderella tale and take me back to my family – THIS INSTANT... Time, time, fly away fast…

The countdown still continues…
10 more days to go…

No comments:

Post a Comment