Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Sweet Nothings...

Arranged and then Loved...that was our marriage...
Our marriage was arranged and we had a nice 6 months before our marriage….to begin our love journey together…

At the end of those six months nobody would have believed ours to be an arranged marriage even if we had done a “karporoam adichi sathiyam”.

First only his parents came to see me and the “Mr.Handsome” was to meet me only after his parents approved of me… So on my first meeting with my would-be-in-laws, I told them that I cannot decide to marry their son until I talk to him, because I am a person who will talk only when spoken to. So I wanted my husband to be a talkative person …atleast to me… My parents went “WhoooooaaaA????” at my attempted 'thimuru' .

So, dutifully, my would-be FIL called me the next day morning at 7:00 AM and said that I can talk to his son (Mr. Handsome). So courteous was my to-be husband that he shouted over the phone to his father “Ennala pesa mudiyaadhu.... po paa....Yaara kettu...."(we can exclude the rest of the dialogue for obvious reasons). How sweet!

But reluctantly he started talking and from that minute there was no going back….Even in our first call, we, sorry, HE spoke about his likes, dislikes, etc., etc …He even told me that his father used to shout at him and his friends comparing them to the kutti suvaru in the movie "Thulli thirindha kaalam" and we were talking for about 45 mins (till 7:45). I so very liked this guy that I didn’t even notice that it was getting late for my office until he reminded me of it. (Love at first voice.. I suppose)

The week after he came to see me, and the week after, he got a mobile number for himself and a new mobile for me too with a corporate connection. (My first gift from him, which I conveniently lost in pallavan transport, 2 years later.)

There was not a weekend till our marriage when we didn’t see each other and not a day when we didn’t talk for atleast one hour together. (All the sweet nothings which I doubt he remembers now)..and not a movie released which we didn’t see together.

We got married on 05 Sep 2005, and not once till this date, have I doubted my decision of marrying this man….and I know that I never will. It was this guy who gave me the special gift of “being loved by someone you love”

Some 2 years back I had to go to S’gpore officially for 10 day training and since I was pregnant 2nd time, my darling hubby didn’t want to leave me alone and so he gave up his business and joined me for 10 days. It so happened that we wanted to buy things for everybody and since I am a shop-alcoholic, we spent every single dollar we had for buying gifts for others and we both didn’t buy any single thing for ourselves, since we had only enough money to come back to India. So we came back and I am distributing gifts to everyone in the family and suddenly I find one box, which I did not buy. I open it to check whose gift it is and find one beautiful stone and pearl set in it. I look at my hubby and he looks at me and smiles back. All these years I was brooding over my husband's lack of giving surprises and here this man has bought something for me without me ever knowing it. That moment I was at a loss for words. Finally, my constant bickering had borne some fruit.

So, love means...constantly torturing your husband to give you surprises, even though you will sound pathetic and your husband asking you as to what surprise you want, which will sound even more pathetic!!! But still, I am glad that I ask, and I am very very glad that he listens!!!

Happy Valentine's day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment