Monday, January 6, 2014

Books & Me

2013 saw me with very few books, even though I consider it as an achievement in itself, even to have read those few ones. And am happy to see the impact it has created on my girls (much to the annoyance of hubby). Some of these books, can always be seen lying around my bedside table, either because they are my favorites or I simply haven’t got the time to move them into the shelves yet. Every night these days during bed-time, Smruthi grabs a book, and tries to read the sentences or words, which she finds easy, and Swathi does the same, simply because her sister does it. The day they start reading full sentences, and understands them will be the day, (which I believe is not far behind) I would be forced to arrange the M&B and Sidney Sheldons in the shelves. So, until then, I can keep lazing around having the books within the reach of my hands. Some of the books which I read in 2013 are:

-          Digital Fortress – Dan Brown
-          The Oath of the Vayuputras – Amish Tripathi
-          The White Tiger – Aravind Adiga

And revised all the parts of HP and Lord of the Rings for the nth time! Surprisingly, I loved ‘The White Tiger’ more than the much anticipated (and disappointed) Oath of the vayuputras.

A friend introduced me to Indireads (as a reader, of course) and I got to read as much novellas as I could, until hubby threatened to cease my credit card. So, some of the novellas which I enjoyed from Indireads are:

-          Full Circle
-          Love’s Labor
-          No Such Thing as Love (This being my favorite in the romance genre)
-          Love will find a way
-          Against all Odds
-          The Gandharva


Hopefully, I get to read even more books in 2014. Fingers crossed!

2 comments:

  1. I recommend books like

    -The Steradian Trail (I was getting tired of the Da Vinci Code ripoffs recently in Indian fiction; and this book is a breath of fresh air)

    -Chanakya's Chant - Ashwin Sanghi
    -The Krishna Key - Ashwin Sanghi

    if you had liked Dan Brown's & Amish Tripathi's works

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you managed to get your hands on some of our other titles. Please feel free to write at feedback@indireads.com and let us know how we are doing

    ReplyDelete