Friday, June 11, 2010

MY School saga begins…..

Hey, I am starting my first school today. Not that I am new to this school environment, since my mom pushed me into a playschool when I was only 1 year and 10 months – the reason she gives for that is of course I could meet other kids of my age group. But I know her actual intention – she couldn’t bear with my naughtiness. Huh! But now, she is paying for it. I’ve trained my little sis to compensate for me. Ok, ok….coming back to the school part….

I got my school bag, uniforms and text books around some 10 days back and they are great. I was so excited to see my school things, but my excitement was nothing compared to my grand-dad’s. That man is absolutely crazy about me, I tell you. And he wanted to see me in my school dress then itself. And so, I obliged. I was waiting for my mom to arrive from office to show-off to her and she arrived 45 mins later than the usual time. Of course, she was so happy to see her little angel (ya, that’s me) in school uniform and bag. She said that I looked like a big girl. Mom – wake up….I AM a big girl now**. Just because you saw me first as a kid doesn’t mean I will be a kid all my life long – ok? Mothers!!!!

Ever since that day, she has been trying to wake me up early to train me for the school timings. Why can’t she just understand that I cannot sleep till 8’o clock once my school opens and so let me sleep now? She tried all possible tactics to wake me early all these days – by trying to threaten me saying that she will return all my uniform, bags and books to school and not let me go to school if I continue to wake up at 8. Huh! As if she will, or as if the school will accept them back. And so, I continued to sleep till 8.

I am a very good girl, and even as a kid, I liked going to the playschool. I never cried much even in my beginner days and so, my mom didn’t have to train me on that front for this school. Made one job easier for her. Poor female.

And today…I got up at 6. I knew that today was THE DAY and not just another one of my mother’s wake-up gimmick. So, got up promptly. And did all the right things at the right time. And I WORE MY NEW UNIFORM, SHOES AND SOCKS. And then it was time for mom to leave for her office. Actually, mom was getting all senti-senti again feeling that she couldn’t see me off even on my first day to school. She even thought of bunking office, putting sick-leave or something. And you know what? She has really bunked office today. Have you ever heard of anyone bunking office to see their kid go to school? My mom is totally crazy. But still, I love her for this. So, she started to continue making me ready, and my excitement continued…..

You know what? I am going to school. I AM REALLY GOING TO GO TO SCHOOL. I am going to enjoy it. I know that I will enjoy it. Due to all my excitement, and since I talk much, they have a feeling that I am going to be a gang-leader or something in my school, but tell me practically, have you ever heard of gang-leaders in pre-kg? And also, like any other parent, my parents expect me to be a class topper or something, not that it matters much to them, but still. Hope I have inherited my mother’s brains (u know who is typing this blog, right??) and let me see if I can live upto that.

So, I was all ready, prayed God and got into the car and picked up my friend S, (her dad and my dad are friends and we were in the same playschool and now in the same school), and hey…we have reached. Sorry, I have to go inside now. It is getting late for me. But I am sure that my mom will soon update you on my school experiences. That lady just cannot stop writing blogs. Can she?

Catch you all later.

Love,
Smruthi.

(** She said “Amma, naan periyavala aayitten…chinna kolandhai illa”. She really said that.)

1 comment: