Thursday, October 7, 2010

Kann vizhithu soppanam kanden…

For one of my team-mate, marriage has been arranged and fixed. Like how mine was before 5 years. And he has got a nice 5 months time before marriage. Like how we had. And needless to say, he is constantly on the phone, like how we were. So, here I go, back to my flashbacks, day dreaming about those lovely, ever-green days and torturing hubby everyday (for the past one week) talking to him about those days. Till date, he is patient enough to listen to me and say ‘mmm’ and ‘yes’ at all the appropriate places. (Dunno, how long this patience will last though!!!!!)

Soon after the official match-fixing was made, I mean the ‘pen paarkum padalam’, I still remember how I was waiting for my supposed-to-be-fiance to ask me out for a date. The expected phone call from him never came. How much dumber can a man get? Does he expect me, the girl to call him first and ask him out for a date? What if my whole idea backfires and they think me cheap? So, I waited, hoping that some day he would call me, at least once before marriage. And all in vain for one week. Finally, when I lost my patience and was about to call him, he luckily called me and saved me from embarrassment. Unable to control myself, I, like a stupid idiot, asked him why it took him ONE WEEK to call his fiancĂ©e. And the answer I got??? “I fell sick the day I saw you.” What a romantic beginning!!!!!!!!

But, that was just the beginning, and there was no stopping us after that. Not a single day went without each other talking over the phone till the battery went dead. Not a single weekend was wasted. Not a single movie released in town went unseen. Not a single restaurant was left. And not a single sundal-boy was missed in the beach. The special ringtone for that special call, the sweet nothings, the wait for Gud morning and Gud nite SMSs, the continuing sms even after the gud nite sms, the shopping sprees, the wait to see each other, the countdown for marriage, each and every minute was enjoyed and looked forward to. Even the teasing from friends and relatives seemed enjoyable. No matter how much enjoyable and romantic the marriage life is, nothing can ever replace this golden period. Even after 50 years of a happy married life, the memory of these courtship days is what will keep the marriage young and fresh, throughout life.

Love…brings a smile in our face when we wake up in the morning, a reason to get up, (inspite of only a few hours of sleep). Love makes life worth living for. Love makes life more beautiful.

Fall in love. Live Life King Size.

1 comment: